Sunday, May 10, 2015

 Silence.  Oh no, she’s quiet and I can’t see her!  Claire, what are you up to?  Toddler plus quiet equals trouble.  My mistake for resting on the couch and thinking she was occupied.  I was right - she was.  
   It had been a while since I’d moved that quickly and mercifully, my back chose not to stop me.  I got up and went into my kitchen and sure enough, standing at the epicenter was my two year old.  My purse contents were scattered in about a four foot radius around our curly haired little cherub who just stood there about to open my lipstick with a “Who me?” look on her face.
   I immediately removed the offending cosmetic from her and plopped her diapered butt on our couch in the living room.  “WAAAAAAAAAAUUGH!!!” Yeah, yeah, I know, Management Unfair!

   This was just the latest in a string of my unpopular decisions like carrots and naptime.  I adjourn to the kitchen to reassemble the purse contents and make sure nothing scary had been eaten.  There’s a reason I have an open bottle of wine on my counter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment