Friday, October 12, 2018

More adjustments

  Welcome to Summer, yay! or something. This is the first summer in recorded human history when both of us are home. It is wierd and in a good way, mostly. My routine hasn't changed too much except that I am getting more help now and I admit I'm  enjoying it. I also need to remember that this is temporary and not let myself get "too spoiled". Fortunately, school is still in session, as of this writing, and my spouse now gets to see the "joy of homework". He also gets to remember how much is involved in taking care of our yard, another reason mommy curses. I still can't wrap my head around the idea of gardening as a "pleasurable hobby". Who are these masochists?!
   This from a person who gets up stupid early in the morning to go to the gym. I guess we all pick our poisons. It's going to be a busy Summer to be sure and for once I  won't  feel like I'm dealing with running most of the show myself. It won't be easy picking priorities since we don't know how long this two parent home thing will last so I want to make the most of it. Mostly, I'm glad to have more access to double teaming our stubbornly addicted video game addict on an as needed basis.
   Some things aren't that hard for Daddy though, which makes me a bit jealous. Our daughter gets up in the morning for him a little better than mommy, for example. I wonder if she's just showing off for him, but that's probably a grown up concept. Getting up in the morning was never my forte, anyway. We are currently expecting Daddy to be only home for the Summer, give or take, so he did dodge the majority of the homework nightmare. Our daughter will still have to get up for camp but when it's not school, we get a little more cooperation. Notice I said a "little" more.
   Daddy also gets to find out how much there is to catch up on around the house. We've been in our home for over ten years and there are projects around here that were so low on the totem pole, they fell off. My window treatments, for example, could best be described as "almost groovy". I have hopes that we can get some much needed things done while we still live here. The last house never looked so good until it was listed. Still, these are also the family time years, we will plenty of time for painting after our daughter wants nothing to do with us.
   The trick is being smart enough to make time for that, too. UNO, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment