Friday, January 8, 2021

Shopaholics Anonymous

  It's almost mid March as of this writing and we are in our first global pandemic. It's reminding me that while no man is an island, I personally wouldn't mind if he was. I hate my fellow man even worse now than I do at Christmas. Panic stricken fucktards are roaming the earth in hordes buying everything in sight. This is driving up prices and pissing off certain cheapskates (namely yours truly). Meanwhile back at the ranch, I can't turn on my television without seeing a different group of fucktards documenting the first bunch while fanning the flames of panic. Horse sense has gone the way of hand sanitizer and cassette tapes.
    I now know what it's like to go shopping during a zombie apocalypse.  It was absolutely surreal to see empty shelves in person. Just that visual alone made it tougher to fight panic. It becomes too easy to lose sight of the fact that this isn't going to last forever.  This week, so far, libraries, banks, and my gym are still open. I'm expecting that to change.
    My daughter's school is also closed for two weeks - that we know of. I happened to have been working the Friday before the announcement. In a rare and shocking display of foresight, I stopped at a liquor store before I picked up my daughter. I wish I could have picked up a bunch of those small vodka bottles and handed them out to a few buddies. The kids at school were full of questions the teachers couldn't answer. I had to admire how they handled themselves.
     We are now in a two week (so far) online learning experience for our 6th grade video game addict. Regrettably, I don't get to count this as screen time since there really wasn't any other option now that the school is closed. On the upside, since my spouse is able to work from home, I have backup when the gestapo needs to enforce breaks for God forbid walking outside and other hardships like vegetables and flute practice. This is going to be a tough two weeks or so. I need to remind myself that this is only temporary. I must also remember to stay sober until after dinner is made!

No comments:

Post a Comment