Thursday, December 17, 2020

We're in this together - and we Hates it!

   Happy weird November, dear reader. I am struggling to scrape up the motivation to go exercise again. The holidays are quickly approaching, as retailers are constantly reminding me. That means a lot of egg nog, cookies and wine are heading this way. Yay carbohydrates! My martial arts contract is paid for so you would think that would be motivation enough. It's hard to shut up that Jenny Craig voice in your head if you haven't paid in advance. I think I could use to see more humans. That is incredibly wierd for me since it's around this time of year that I Really Hate my fellow man. 

   The pandemic is to blame. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Last year, I was happily/annoyedly shopping in crowded stores and generally seeing a lot of people out everywhere. I never thought I would miss it! I also hosted Thanksgiving for my family the last 2 years and now it looks like that is going to get cut down by a lot this year, too.  I love the smell of a turkey cooking in my house. The problem is since there are only three of us, a whole turkey doesn't make sense. 

   I'm choosing not to think too far ahead for Christmas this year, either. My goal is to handle decorations, cookies and gifts enough for my daughter. I have no idea how any of our usual traditions will happen, if at all, this year. I hope my nephew squeezes in a visit. The key to survival it seems, is to not look forward. God help me. 

   Then again, maybe I should be looking way forward, like six months worth. The weather alone should be better. We will probably still have the same issues to deal with as far as keeping our girl occupied. I admit I'm not all that thrilled with having to see my mom every Friday over her school break. I know Claire should see her grandmom though and someday she won't be able to. My mom also wants to feel like she's helping, too. Maybe I will have some sort of part time work by then and/or a Summer class. One can hope. 

I'm also hoping for a real vacation this coming summer, too. I admit I have no clue how that's going to play out. It looks like I'll go with the less stressful option. I'll take deal-with-what's-in-front-of-me for 200, Alex. Still.....

 Is it too early to start dreaming of summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment