Monday, November 15, 2021

Things are getting way too serious

    Happy Fall! I've been letting too many things I can't control get me down. I forgot about how much stress the news can cause. It's an election year this year. The relentless advertising is making football look good. That's how I know it's time to turn off the television, or at least put on Mel Brooks. I was in a full on panic earlier today because I thought I accidentally recycled our ballots this year. I didn't realize my state isn't permitting voting in person this time because of the pandemic. I tore up the house and our recycling bag.

   Thankfully, the ballots landed in a pile of bills, which we never recycle.  That was something to be grateful for until the next stressor. I realized that I somehow missed a tax class! I emailed the instructor and impatiently waited for a response. I was more frustrated by wanting to go over the material they would have covered than anything. It also bothered me that I couldn't really remember what the hell I did that day instead. Was I not home? Why didn't I remember? I'm also further bummed out by our recent foray into a different local pumpkin patch that turned out to be underwhelming.  

   Here's where Bob Marley comes in handy. Remember his song 'Don't worry'? I really need that ear worm! It turns out I finally got a response from my instructor. She sent me a video to watch which was actually helpful. My writing professor has been great, too. I'm a bit stuck on my current homework from her but help is available. If I screw this up horribly, I won't be put in a cage with a bear. It's easy as hell for me to get sucked into my own personal vortex. I forget how wrong I am when it comes to predictions. Bob, get me out of this.

   The problem could be exacerbated by the pandemic blues. Our Anniversary is in October and this year we can't really celebrate the way we would like. Movies are out and restaurants are either takeout only or eat outside. I've also been swamped with homework and it's made shopping and keeping the house clean difficult. The tax class has been a huge pain in the ass. It's eating way more time than I would like. I would love to go away somewhere for a few days but that's most likely not going to happen. I feel like I could use a vacation from being a grownup.  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment