Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Off Like a Herd of Turtles

   Hopefully, I will never see anything like this is my lifetime again. We are in what has been called a "global pandemic" and the government has requested the state to "shelter in place". I am learning that this means you are trapped like a rat in your house unless you need food or medical care. My gyms have been closed as well as my daughter's school. My husband is also working from home. I am in week two, at this writing and I can only wonder how long this is going to drag on. I am having trouble figuring out what day it is. Old beasties are starting to rear their ugly heads, too.
    When I had a routine that involved leaving the house, I was always late. Now that I'm home, I'm still late! I'm getting a later start since school is closed but I'm also finding that getting my ass in gear is taking forever. I'm turning into my daughter!   I never thought I'd have to make this much uncertainty part of a normal way of life. I thought I was floundering before.
    All this staying home is definitely getting to me. Maybe it's a lack of vitamin D, or lack of routine that's really making things difficult. The old beasts are definitely back because I don't have much room and even less equipment to work out with. I am seriously considering trying an online class just to do something. I've been dealing with a bad back for a few years now. Part of avoiding scary treatments like needles or surgery involves a lot of stretching. Some rude sit ups, push ups, and most recently squats have been added to help keep my sanity and my shape.
   Recent weather hasn't been the greatest for getting out for a walk but I've managed to drag my family out anyway. The fresh air and vitamin D is probably helping or at least keeping things from getting worse. I suppose I should be grateful I haven't resorted to excessive baking. I have managed to do some unusual things like make waffles for the first time in decades. Perhaps the best way to survive this is to look for bright spots. Hopefully they'll be carbohydrate free.

No comments:

Post a Comment