Thursday, February 25, 2021

Trapped!

   What do you do when you want to run away from home during a global pandemic? I've wanted to escape before this started but now it's worse. Our house is way too small for three people and so is my marriage. Home workouts and alcohol aren't quite cutting it. I need a plan. Since this could take years, (my plan, not the pandemic) the sooner I start the better. People say the grass is always greener and I know I do run that risk so I'm feeling forced not to rush. There is also a lot to consider. I currently have no income of my own. There's not a whole lot I can do, as a practical matter, until that changes.
    The plan, at the moment, involves yours truly going back to school. What for? Therein lies the rub. I need to find something for which there will be a market while at the same time be enjoyable, or at least pleasant. How's that for chutzpah? The bonus question of who's going to pay for this adventure remains to be seen. I'm hoping to be seen as a walking tax credit or possible grant recipient sine I'm a career transitioning fifty something female. I have some research to do there. Since earth ssems to be resorting to doing everything online, pursuing a master's degree shouldn't change my schedule much.
    This will be an adjustment nonetheless. I took one college course in Grant writing from Camden County College a while ago and I was surprised to find out how much work was involved. Luckily, this course had no exams! Eating youe elephant one bite at a time should be a way of life by now but somehow I still find myself in need of constant reminders. I'm sure underemployment will end up being a blessing, too. There's a reason this will take years, not to mention the cash flow issue I'll have to manage. The slower the outflow, the better for us as a household.
   I find myself on the verge of a new adventure. Somebody get me some courage!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment