Thursday, February 11, 2021

Fighting the good fight

    The announcement came and it wasn't much of a surprise. Online learning will be continued indefinitely. Honestly, I was hoping the powers that be would take this two weeks at a time. I'm trying to hang onto a little hope here! Getting comfortable with uncertainty is not my forte. If I cannot find a routine, I'll make one instead. Funny to think the routine would consist of making a list of things that will change every day.
   I'm losing track of what day it is and we are a little over two weeks into a shelter in place order! I can try to steal other peoples ideas although I admit it doesn't help on the depression front. Reading about other people's kids playing board games, doing chores, reading, and learning life skills isn't helping. I live with video game and screen addicts who have gotten way too accustomed to having mom around. I have managed to drag people out for some walks and an occasional board or card game.
    Luckily, I've still managed to enforce flute practice on a regular basis.
   Not having a routine is becoming increasingly stressful without the gyms. I took off for the first two weeks but that was really tough. You really appreciate the old routines when they're verboten. I could also use to start looking at some tang soo do videos to remember my hyungs so when I finally do get back it won't be so bad. I was getting stir crazy after three days, now it's just management. I'm happy I found the online exercise classes and now it looks like I'm getting dragged into the world of virtual meetings. My mom, of all people, has decided we need to try it.
    This whole quarantine thing is certainly producing some strange surprises. It's both comforting and annoying to have my spouse work from home every day, for example. My daughter is also, shockingly showing some initiative by occasionally getting up before me to start her schoolwork. I recently pulled out a waffle iron we got as a wedding gift and used it for the first time! Wearing masks in public, I thought, was taking things a bit too far. Now, it seems, the CDC may soon start endorsing the idea. It feels like I'm living a meme. Things couldn't get any wierder! How fucking wrong I was!!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment