Friday, March 19, 2021

Spring is Springing Like it or not!

   I am in the semi not category. Spring cheers a lot of people. I can understand why. The weather is finally improving and there's a feeling that better days are coming. We can all use some of that these days, this year more than most. What I dread about the whole thing is the yard work and the bugs. I'm hoping I won't have much time for that once this pandemic nightmare is over. On the other hand, given how much I can't stand my fellow man, I may end up staying home again to avoid all the other yahoos who feel the desperate need to get out.
   Allergies are also in full bloom. If you aren't personally afflicted, you still get the shared joy from those who are. My yard sale has been cancelled or rather postponed indefinitely due the virus, too. I was looking forward to the cash and the clearance. The uncertainty of it all is definitely bugging me. I don't know how to handle things like summer camp and religious education. Now is the time people sign up but I'm in no hurry to send any nonrefundable deposits for things that may not happen. I can't say I've ever had a whole lot of faith in humanity, certainly not when money is involved.
   We managed to pull off a reasonable Easter, albeit the wierdest one I've ever seen. Mother's Day will most likely be underwhelming given the fact that no one is going out shopping except Mom, and that's for food. My spouse is a big proponent of shopping every other week now. Things are getting mighty grim when going to the grocery store is a big to do. It's also a game of I-wonder-what-they're-out-of-this-time, further adding to the stress. The shopping experience has turned surreal.
  I never understood how hard it is to fight off panic until I saw empty shelves in person at my local supermarket. The shelves are staying empty in our case, too. My family has gotten so used to mom being home that I don't think it occurs to them that "managing the family inventory" is actually a job now. They just seem to go get something out of the fridge or pantry with no thought to how it got there! I would also like to point out that I am not a food dispenser, I am actually a CPA, and a writer.
   I refuse to think too far ahead. It's already a struggle against depression, let's not make it worse. If I were to think far into the future, it will be to plan a thank God this is over party!

No comments:

Post a Comment