Friday, March 5, 2021

Quit shouldding on yourself Part 112

   We are knee/thigh deep in the corona virus pandemic at this writing. I have Not taught my daughter how to cook or sew, started my garden, or even written a novel. We still struggle with too much screen time and so far I've managed to not live in my pajamas every day. My girl has kept up with her homework and flute practice. When it's been decent outside, I've managed to drag my family around the block a few times. I did manage to complete an online course or two to maintain my CPA certificate, albeit barely. I did get our tax returns done as well.
   This hasn't stopped time from flying for some bizarre reason. One would have thought without anywhere to go and not much to do, time would drag on but no such luck. The house is still messy, too. My dining room has been eaten by Mom's tax returns and my daughter's school work, or at least the table has. The living room is littered with couch blankets, pillows, and snack remnants, as usual. This doesn't feel any different from life without a pandemic in the way. I can't say I'm bored. My midlife crisis is a lot more obvious without the facade of my prepandemic routines to obfuscate the view. That is depressing. 
   I have managed to finally reach out to a college and leave a message about going back. Regrettably, this whole quarantine nightmare has been giving me more time to peek in on social media. This is not good because I'm entering a world of a lot of other people with too much free time. These folks are not shy about bragging. Oy.
   Here's the bonus wierd thing. I haven't been sleeping more than usual. I set my alarm to get up during the week so I can get my daughter up to start her schoolwork. The upside to elearning is the lack of being late for a change. I also kind of enjoy not having somewhere to rush off to. This is going to be one huge adjustment when things do finally open up again. I'm pretty sure our punctuality will not have improved. Can I brag about the stuff we haven't done?

No comments:

Post a Comment